Work like you don't need the money,
Love like you've never been hurt,
Dance like no one's watching,
Sing like no one's listening,
Live like there is no tomorrow.
Mr and Mrs House (lovely things for lovely people)
I have visited this lovely shop in Totnes, Devon.
-Place to stay
I haven't stayed here myself, but a friend has and said it was lovely.
This link and pictures are from Spoonlets, the largest of the cottages.
Orange and raspberry Victoria sponge taken from The Delicious Miss Dahl. (I must try this)
IngredientsFor the sponge
225g/8oz butter, plus extra for greasing
225g/8oz golden caster sugar
4 free-range eggs, beaten
225g/8oz self-raising flour, sifted
1 large orange, zest only
For the jam
300g/9oz fresh raspberries
2 tbsp fresh orange juice
1 heaped tbsp golden caster sugar
For the icing
250g/9oz butter, softened
250g/9oz icing sugar, seived
½ orange, juice only
1 large orange, zest only, plus a little zest to decorate
2. For the cake, grease and line two 20cm/8in sandwich tins with baking parchment, and dust with flour.
3. In a food mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
4. Gradually beat in the eggs, then add the flour and orange zest and mix until well combined.
5. Divide the mixture evenly between the two cake tins, then bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until golden-brown and slightly springy to the touch. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly in the tins before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Meanwhile, for the jam, place the raspberries, orange juice and golden caster sugar into a small saucepan over a low heat. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the raspberries begin to break down. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool completely.
7. For the icing, beat the butter, icing sugar, orange juice and zest in a bowl until smooth.
8. To serve, place one sponge on a serving plate or cake stand, and spread half of the icing on top. Spoon over the jam, top with the second sponge and
finish with the remaining buttercream. Decorate with a little more orange zest if desired.
(Photos taken from relevent websites and weheartit)