Monday 11 January 2010

I can't believe.....

.....that i've been blogging for a whole year!!!
2009 was really good for me, and some of that i believe is down to blogging....it has helped me amongst other things to look at the good in the world.
Thank you to all of you that have been part of that.
Raise your glasses, mugs etc to another year!!!
Blogging really can save lives!!

So...on to another anniversary....Last week my hubby and i celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary.

We had a yummy yummy dinner together:


Each year we have bought/made each other gifts under the theme of traditional anniversay presents. This year was Iron.
This is what i did:


We got engaged in Cambridge and went to Browns for our celebratory meal. So i thought it would be nice to go back again.

All wrapped up in ribbon with a selection of photos of the 2 of us, and some dark chocolate (for some more iron!)

And the hubby...bless his heart....got me:


My favourite film on Dvd (because you can make the words iron out of the letters on the front),
Paper that has an iron tinge to it, and then all though not technically made out of iron....A lovely CK braclet, a jingly heart and a pink garden tool that all look abit irony!!!!
And the best bit:

Hee Hee, he's a cutie!!!!

The eldest changed our blackboard to this:

So..what else have we been up to?
Well the boys......always manage to make me go awwww, but also arghhhh!!! in a matter of minutes!!!!!
This was an awww moment though:

Last week in Paperchase i bought myself this rather thick notebook, that from now on will be by my side whilst reading through all your lovely blogs, for if i want to write down a recipe, quote, making idea, place to go etc.


I signed up for Brocantehomes putteryposts (a lovely puttery treat in your inbox every day for a year)
My first one was to choose a word for the year. I have chose:

It's still snowy here, i'm not a big fan of snow...i'd much rather be warm and cosy indoors, making the snacks and drinks whilst the boys are outside.




And lastly, some of you will know that my dear Grandad is very very ill in hospital. We know he has a matter of hours/days left in this world. Please pray for this wonderful man to be taken kindly by God up to a new and better place.
xx

20 comments:

Jackie said...

Congratulations on your Bloggiversary and also for your wedding anniversary ~ I hope you have a lovely day :O) x

Jen Walshaw said...

I am praying for a peaceful time for your Granddad and thinking of you at this difficult time

Tina said...

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary (me and hubby will also be celebrating 6 years of marriage this year but in october) and I will be with you and your granddad in my prayers.
xx

Funkymonkey said...

Congrats on your blogiversary. Look forward to reading many more.

Tracey

Dotty said...

I with you on the ' stay in and make snacks ' thought . My thoughts are with you and your family x

salty pebble said...

cheers to you, ur hubby and boys! and your wonderful blog! filling lives with all the treasures and beauties of your world! a wonderful journey! ive so enjoyed your blog! ;0)xx and that meal looked soooo delicious!!

periwinkle said...

happy anniversary and hugs

Andi's English Attic said...

What fab pressies. I love Browns.
Great idea about keeping the book next to you. There are so many good ideas/recommendations etc. out there. I think most of my pages would be used up with recipes from Pioneer Girl, though!
Love to you all at this time. Hope all is peaceful. xx

Susie's country cottage said...

Happy bloggiversary! And congratulations on your 6th Anniversary. It sounds like you had a lovely time.
I've had enough of the snow now too! I like your idea of a book to write down little notes from blogs. That is such a good idea.
Susie

Emily said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I'll keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

It does look like you had a wonderful anniversary with your hubby! Congrats on 6 years!

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Sorry to hear about your grandfather. I shall include him in my prayers. x


Happy anniversary.

Lululiz said...

Double congratulations, two anniversaries to celebrate, woohoo!

Annie said...

Congratulations on your blogiversary, I have enjoyed reading it. Your anniversary pressies are great what a lovely idea. Sorry about your granddad, I know how it feels, I will be thinking of you.
Ann x

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Congratulations on both your blog and wedding anniversary!

Sorry to hear about your granddad, thinking of you all

Victoria xx

Lizzy said...

Hi Lissylou, thank you for my second ever blog comment :) I'm still finding my way through blog land so it may take me a while to get near the lovelyness of yours.

Sorry to hear about your Grandad, will include him in my prayers,

Love Lizzyloolaaa xxx

Thecraftytrundler said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR BLOGIVERSARY!!
I'm so glad I started!! Mine is this Wednesday!
Love all the lovely romantic gestures,and the planned visit back to Cambridge for your anniversary! How Romantic!!
Sending all my love, and hugs to you at this difficult time.
((((((( Hugs )))))))))

Sharon xxx

Josie-Mary said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandad.
Looks like you had a lovely anniversary :)

Kissed by an Angel said...

A very Happy anniversary to you both!!! You certainly look like you had a wonderful time!!!Sending loving blessings to your dear Grandad!!
xxxx

Caroline Cakewise said...

Happy anniversaries for both special occasions!! Sounds like you had a lovely celebration, I love You've Got Mail too! And thank you for the link to the necklace - definitely snapping it up! xx

Rubyred said...

Hello!
Congratulations on your year of blogging!
Happy Anniversary too!
Such lovely gifts from Hubby! I should hang on to him!
Rachel x