Thursday 14 May 2009

Venice

We had such a lovely trip away to Venice. I took so many pictures. I can't show you them all, but theres a fair few here!!

We stayed in the most georgous hotel ever. I really cannot recommend it enough. Hotel Al Ponte Antico. We had a beautiful room.

This was the view from our window.
There is a lovely little terrace where we had breakfast each morning and drinks in the afternoon/evening.
My hubby watching the world go by facing the hotel. The hotel has it's on docking station so you can get a taxi straight to the door. The owner made sure he was there to wave us off on our last day.
The buildings in Venice are like no other.




The beautiful view from the hotels terrace.
The hotel only has 9 rooms, which means the staff have so much time for you. They all knew our first names and they couldn't help us enough.
The breakfasts were wonderful.


We were treated to a fantastic display of boats and music on our first day, right past our window.
The very pretty island of Burano.

The island Torcello was gorgeous!
What a beautiful antique shop.



A sunset ride back to Venice.

We spent so long on the hotels terrace, it really was the highlight of the trip. The hotel is 4 star, but i think it deserves 5. It may seem pricy, but it is well worth it. We will be returning.


Matteo the owner is wonderful, he completely makes the experience. We chose this hotel by looking on Tripadvisor. It is No.1. in Venice on there. Go and have a look for yourself, the comments are fantastic. If you were interested in staying, there is only one room that i would say don't stay in as it's windows open on to the terrace, but otherwise go for it, you will not be disappointed!!

We went to a great friendly jazz bar called Bacaro Jazz.
Our misty last morning, which turned into the hottest of days.






I can't wait to go back in a few years!!
xx

14 comments:

Shabby Chick said...

Ooh it look wonderful! What a fab time you had.

I think Tripadvisor is great although the hotel I stayed in had cockroaches, which nobody else had mentioned!!!

Mel xxx

Funkymonkey said...

Wow!

Tracey

Sal said...

What a wonderful holiday! I would love to go there!
I bet you can't wait to return.
;-)

Thedarkerside73 said...

Wow that looks so beautiful!

Its my 10th wedding anniversary this year but as its a week before christmas I dont fancy my chances of being taken there! lol.

It look as though you both had a wonderful time. I bet you are itching to go back.


MBBx

Thecraftytrundler said...

What a fantastic break, it looks like a marvellous place to visit!!! Maybe, in the future...........??!!!
It's good to have a lovely child free break sometimes, and I bet you feel really refreshed : )
Lovely photos, will have to post mine soon.

Hugs : )

Sharon xx

Sarah said...

How lovely and civilised it looks! It's my 40th next year, so maybe kind hubby will take me!
x

Anonymous said...

wow... The best day of my life was in Italy... There is just no place like it!!!

Jacoline said...

What a great trip. I love your pictures. have a good weekend.

The Vintage Kitten said...

It looks an amazing place, the architecture is stunning, and your hotel looks fabulous, now thats what I call a hotel. Lucky you, so glad you had a lovely time. Im going to show Mr Kitten and see if he takes the hint!!! X

Poppy said...

I so want to go back again now after seeing all of your beautiful pictures.
Thanks for sharing that, I got so excited seeing your pictures, it brought so many memories back for me.
I would love to go back this year, we will see!
Have a lovely weekend…love Lou xxx

Jackie said...

It's looks fantastic! I'm glad you had a good time. Venice is just one of the places on my 'I would love to visit one day' list. Thanks for sharing all those lovely pictures :O)

vintage girl said...

What a fantastic place! I love Venice I wish my photos of venice were as good as yours! Lisaxx

Victoria Plum said...

My parents are taking the family (me, Mr Plum, my brother and his girlfriend) to Venice next month! I can't wait! I went there on a school trip about 16 years ago ... your pictures have made me even more excited about the holiday than I was already!! :)
x

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

I adore Venice... would love to return one day as we saw so little in the brief time we were there..
It is a dream of a place.

Michele
P.s Thank you for your comment today