Saturday 21 March 2009

Woodland walks with my boys

What a lovely name for a wood. This woodland is in Stock, Essex. The place i dream that i live. The houses are a bit out of our price range though.
We went looking for bluebells, but i think we were a little early. We'll try again in a couple of weeks.








The only flowers we found were these. Does anyone know what they are called? I'm not very good with flower names/ maybe it's a weed? oh well, it's pretty anyway!!
When we got back the boys coloured (my youngests favourite thing to do lately). My eldest has taken to wearing this Punk sweat band that his uncle gave him from a fancy dress he went to.
Later we did a spot of gardening. I cleaned out the boys playhouse, cleaned the downstairs windows and me and my eldest planted some seeds - buzy lizzies, cornflowers and poppies.
We then had dinner at one of our favourite restaurants - My Kitchen in Leigh on sea. Its a veggie place and it's fantastic. My husband isn't even veggie but it's his fave.
Wishing everyone a happy mothers day for tommorrow!
xx

10 comments:

Julie said...

Is there anything better than walking through the woods, something so magical about it!!! Thanks for reminding me that it is Mothers day in the UK today, it's on a different day over here so I always forget!!! X

Emily said...

It looks like you had a great time! I don't know what the flowers are. I should too. They're very pretty though. Happy Mother's Day.

Shabby Chick said...

Gorgeous pictures, it looks like a lot of fun for all of you. I think those flowers *might* be called celandines but I could well be wrong! They are very pretty.

By the way your pizza and film night last night sounds great! Enjoy tomorrow xxx

Country Bliss said...

Very pretty woods, I love it when the bluebells come out haven't seen any yet though. Lovely flower don't know what it is though. Happy mother's day.
Yvonne x

periwinkle said...

I just love woodland walks - I think your flower might be a wood anemone, I'm really looking forward to the bluebells
lisa x

Monica said...

I love to walk in the woods with my dog, too!
I have mentioned you on my blog...
Monicax.

Charlotte said...

It looks so pretty... My favourite time to walk in the woods is spring. I love primroses and bluebells. Primroses are just coming out over here but bluebells will be a little while longer...

Thank you again so much for the link...please, please do email if you'd like a little something - enquiries@cottontailsbaby.co.uk

Love Charlotte
xxx

The Vintage Kitten said...

Hi Lissy Lou, Thanks for popping by. I agree thats such a cute name for the woods. I have places I dream I live too, why are they always out of our price ranges though? Its not fair!!! LOL! It looks like a great place to visit with your children. Im not sure what the name of the flowers are, but they are very pretty, I wouldnt mind weeds if they were like that because Im good at growing weeds X

Sarah said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!
Sarah

Thedarkerside73 said...

Just thought I would say hello!

I have enjoyed looking round your lovely blog.
that wood looks gorgeous, must look amazing with a carpet of bluebells. (I always imagine little fairys might be hiding in amongst them! lol).

Look forward to your future posts and have you on my blog list.